- Bonus BioGroup (TASE: BONS) is a biotechnology company applying a proprietary, innovative technology to generate viable tissue-regenerating bone grafts. The company strives to become a world leader in the field of tissue engineering and live bone transplantation.
- The company was founded to commercialize over ten years of bone regeneration research carried out by Dr. Shai Meretzki, the founder and former CEO of Pluristem Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: PSTI; TASE: PLTR), in cooperation with leading scientists from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Rambam Health Care Campus and other prominent institutions.
- Bonus BioGroup is targeting a multi-billion dollar worldwide market for the treatment of skeletal disorders such as bone- and cartilage-related arthritis and various types of bone and joint trauma (e.g., hip fractures, knee injuries).
Read more > Bone regeneration
- A unique method for growing a three dimensional (3D) high-density live bone graft – BonoFillTM, was developed by the company. BonoFillTM is derived from the patient's own (autologous) cells. BonoFillTM is constructed of a variety of cells which are grown in multi-layers within a bioreactor system. This unique technology enables construction of the bone graft outside of the human body (ex vivo), and promotes graft acceptance by the patient's body, following transplantation. It also allows, for the first time, growth of a human tissue graft tailored to the biological, physical and clinical needs of each patient, without invoking immune reactions or graft rejection.
Read more > BonoFillTM
- A clinical trial was launched in April 2014 to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the company's live human bone grafts for the repair of maxillofacial bone deficiency, including upper and lower jawbone cavitation. These grafts are comprised of autologous adipose (fat) tissue cells.
Read more > Maxillofacial bone regeneration
- Bonus BioGroup’s manufacturing facility is located within the company's complex in Haifa, Israel, and supplies the company in its clinical trials. The facility, as well as all the company's clinical and R&D activities, including the development stage, production, quality control and product supply, is Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and ISO-9001 certified.
Read more> Manufacturing facility